It is currently Wed 12 Dec 2018 05:22 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• British Expat Forum – reduced service
    With regret, we've decided to close down most of the British Expat Forum to new posts. Existing Premium Members and Supporters will keep their privileges for the lifetime of the forum.

Chinwags

Visa requirements when still UK citizens

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Visa requirements when still UK citizens

Postby wreathlady » Tue 20 Mar 2018 20:33 GMT

Hi Guys

We have lived in Canada for twelve years and still travel on UK passports (citizenship in the pipeline lol). Would we need some kind of visa to travel to Cuba or the Dominican Republic? I've googled and get different info, contacted the UK consulate, they never replied.
We've been on cruises to the south etc and and flew out of the US and didn't need anything other than the regular 3 month visa. We did have an ESTA when we flew out of Toronto to the US...so not sure about going to these Islands?

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

Marion
Posted by:
wreathlady

Re: Visa requirements when still UK citizens

Postby Graeme » Fri 23 Mar 2018 00:29 GMT

Usually going from Canada to Cuba you are fine with a British passport, I don't think there are any visa requirement. The DR I have no idea about sorry, I would have thought it would be the same as travelling to the US, you might need a visa (ESTA) for that. I would have thought that if you can fly to the USA you should be okay to the DR.
Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Re: Visa requirements when still UK citizens

Postby Sulivanmaritime » Sat 31 Mar 2018 09:56 GMT

The US allows UK citizens to use the “Visa Waiver Program,” but you still need an ESTA before you can travel. You can get a single ESTA if you’re traveling alone, or you can apply as part of a group.

[Link removed by Site Admin. - Dave]
Posted by:
Sulivanmaritime

Return to Chinwags