It is currently Wed 19 Sep 2018 05:03 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Paraguay – Quick Quiz
    Paraguay, named after the river that flows centrally through it, is one of just two landlocked countries in the Americas. What else do you know about it?

Housing/Property

Reliable, honest builder sought to renovate house in Gozo

Old or new? Buy or rent? Dealing with builders, notaries, agents etc? Try here for info.
NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Any property ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

Moderator: gozomark

Reliable, honest builder sought to renovate house in Gozo

Postby Vron » Tue 24 Jul 2018 16:17 GMT

Hello everyone, I won't bore you all with the details but I have been trying (and failing! :cry: ), to renovate a house of character in Gozo for the past 12 years! 2 architects, 3 builders & 1 local project manager later, I still have a semi-renovated, uninhabitable property. Now, it's crunch time and I HAVE to get it done.
So my brief query is: I'm more than happy to pay the membership fee to gain access to the classifieds section of this forum however before I do that I just wanted to check how up-to-date the recommendations actually are. I've searched high and low for a thread about this issue using various keywords and can only find reference to recommendation of a reliable builder by one member from , I think 2008! Is said builder still working and still reliable?
And does the lack of discussion about this issue mean that members have had no issues whatsoever with 1.) finding and keeping builders and 2.) unreliable / unscrupulous builders in Gozo? If people have found builders who want the work and won't abuse their position (by reneging on their stated commitments), when working with a (half-Maltese), non-resident expat, then please, please let me know!
Failing that my final question (another thread perhaps?) , is, have members had any experience of bringing in foreign builders to work on a property? I truly hate to go down that road but, as I said, needs must.
Thanks in advance everyone!
Posted by:
Vron

Re: Reliable, honest builder sought to renovate house in Goz

Postby Vron » Sun 9 Sep 2018 15:34 GMT

Wow! 125 views and not a single reply! So I take it the builder mentioned in the classifieds section is no longer around then?
Posted by:
Vron

Return to Housing/Property