It is currently Fri 13 Dec 2019 06:22 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Chinwags

Just curious - how did you find this forum?

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

How did you find this forum?

I was already a BE visitor/contributor
9%
I found it via a search engine
71%
A friend told me about it
11%
Other. (Why not post and tell us about it?)
9%

Total votes : 76

Postby SSue » Fri 23 Mar 2007 22:13 GMT

Hi Karen and welcome to BE.

Hope you stick around and join the gang. We're very friendly and there's plenty of interesting stuff to read, whatever your tastes may be. Be sure to pop into HOF for a laugh to lift even the lowest spirits.

Sue
Sydney Sue - Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Read all about it! http://www.britishexpat.com/563.0.html
Posted by:
SSue
Supporter

Location: From Grimsby, Lincolnshire, to Sydney, then Port Macquarie NSW Australia

Postby lightangel » Fri 6 Jul 2007 09:00 GMT

found it doing a google search. I have joined other forums but some of them tend to be very negative
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
lightangel
Free member

Postby Mr Kriss » Wed 30 Jan 2008 23:49 GMT

It's fine thanks. :twisted:
Chris :compucoffee:
Join the British Expat lending team at Kiva: http://www.kiva.org/team/britishexpatcom
Posted by:
Mr Kriss
Supporter

Postby qwealth » Fri 23 May 2008 22:49 GMT

Hi, my name is Peter Macfarlane, I'm new here...

How did I find the forum? Via search engines and links from other sites. I was looking for a place to advertise our newsletter and site for expats (ours is for all nationalities, not specifically British, and covers mainly investments). I am a financial consultant and writer on offshore investing.

So anyway, I found the advertising policy had been removed for updates, the contact form says the site owners refuse to talk to anybody unless they book a classified ad first, but classifieds didn't really seem appropriate to our requirements.

Not to complain or anything... just pointing out that I am a good prospect for selling ad space if anybody from the site admin wanted to contact me! No big deal for me either way.

So anyway, I ended up here somehow, saw a few interesting postings so I decided to join. Hope I can be useful around here.
Posted by:
qwealth

Postby Toyah » Mon 21 Jul 2008 11:02 GMT

Hi there,

I was looking for a smallish, friendly message board full of people I had something in common with, so I googled 'British Expats message board' and up popped this place!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Toyah
Free member

Postby Mr Kriss » Mon 21 Jul 2008 11:34 GMT

Hi Victoria, welcome to the forum.

I think you will find exactly what you were looking for. It is certainly friendly (if you play by the rules!) and, as expats, then we probably do all have that in common too. ,.... not so sure on the smallish bit (I think the mods are Dr Who and Daedalus as it appears smallish but opens up to a labyrinth of gargantuan wealth)

Anyway, enjoy your exploration and chat.
Chris :compucoffee:
Join the British Expat lending team at Kiva: http://www.kiva.org/team/britishexpatcom
Posted by:
Mr Kriss
Supporter

Postby frenchlearner » Tue 4 Nov 2008 11:49 GMT

Found it through google.
Posted by:
frenchlearner
Free member

Postby Adamski » Sat 8 Aug 2009 20:21 GMT

I was kidnapped :shock:
Posted by:
Adamski
Free member

Postby Kay » Sat 8 Aug 2009 20:26 GMT

In your dreams, Buddy! :lol:
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Adamski » Sat 8 Aug 2009 20:38 GMT

Hehehe
Posted by:
Adamski
Free member

Postby puresilk26 » Wed 27 Jun 2012 07:09 GMT

i found it while reserching our move to France, i have been a avid reader of posts, but havent posted untill today, it seems very friendly and the posts are very informative, many thanks
Posted by:
puresilk26

Previous

Return to Chinwags