It is currently Tue 14 Aug 2018 10:34 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Ukraine – Quick Quiz
    It's the largest country by land area that lies entirely within Europe. And the first line of its national anthem says, reassuringly, that it's not dead yet. But what else do you know about Ukraine?

Adverts

Call-out for freelance writers

Post here if you want to advertise your goods and services on the BE Forum. This forum is pre-moderated so your ads won't be seen until you've paid for them. Adverts cost £15 for a 90-day listing. This is the ONLY section on this forum which allows adverts. Adverts anywhere else will be deleted.

Call-out for freelance writers

Postby kendalcottages » Fri 18 May 2012 12:11 GMT

Hi everyone

As some of you may know, my day job is online marketing for the tourist industry. We run a number of UK travel websites that come under the http://www.ukseries.com brand (UKhotel.com, UKcottage.com, UKattraction.com, etc.)

We need some help with creating content on some of these sites. We’ll be honest… it’s not all that well paid… but it’s work, it’s flexible hours and you can do it from the comfort of your own home. It probably won’t appeal to professional, full-time writers (unless they have a shortage of work!). It does, however, tend to be popular with stay-at-home Mums (or Dads!), students and people just looking to supplement the income from their day job.

All you need is an excellent grasp of English (perfect grammar, spelling and punctuation) and past experience of visiting places around the UK. If it sounds like it’s of interest, please get in touch via our parent company, using this contact form: http://www.dedicate.co.uk/contact.htm

Thanks

Paul
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
kendalcottages
Free member

Postby Kay » Fri 18 May 2012 12:43 GMT

Thanks, Paul. I hope some of our readers will be interested in earning some extra money by doing this.

Many of our readers are still UK-resident and saving up to make the big move.

However, I'm a wee bit confused by the suggestion of having "past experience" rather than a specific request for someone resident in the UK or someone who visits the UK regularly.

I have experience of visiting some interesting places in the UK but I'm not sure I'd meet your profile because I'm no longer able to go out and about visiting places in my UK locality.

Please can you clarify?
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby kendalcottages » Mon 21 May 2012 13:06 GMT

Hi Kay... we are looking for people who have visited places (ie. cities, towns and villages) and/or entities (such as tourist attractions, hotels, B&Bs, cottages, campsites, etc.) that they could write about. That's what I'm meaning by 'past experience'. Recent experience or experience that is still relevant to the present day is what we need. Let's say you were writing about Edinburgh. You could probably reliably write about the place even if it was 5 years since you were last there, but not so much if you were writing about a specific hotel (which might have changed hands a couple of times during that period). Obviously if you have no past experience of the UK at all, then you're not in a position to write about either! I hope this makes a little more sense.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
kendalcottages
Free member

Postby ruggie » Fri 25 May 2012 09:45 GMT

OK, Paul. I've just subimitted the form, asking for guidelines. Now that my son & daughter-in-law have moved to Norwich, I hope to visit this wonderful old city and the surrounding countryside once or twice a year. I should be able to write (with photos and/or video clips) about all kinds of things.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Return to Adverts