Emigrating to Canada: Common immigration terms A-D

If you’re going to immigrate to Canada, you’ll have to wade through a sea of alphabet soup to get there! We’ve drawn together a set of the more common terms you might come across if you’re planning to emigrate to Canada.

  • AIP = Approval in Principle (for PR within Canada)
  • AOE = Arranged Offer of Employment (approved by HRSDC)
  • AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt (for applications outside Canada)
  • BUNAC = UK providers of open work permit reciprocity program
  • CAIPS = Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (for applications processed abroad, you can order more information about your case)
  • CBSA = Canadian Border Services Agency
  • CIC = Customs and Immigration Canada
  • CIC Call Centre = 1888 242 2100 Helpline (within Canada)
  • COPR = Confirmation of Permanent Residence
  • CRC = Criminal Record Check
  • CSQ = Certificate of Selection Quebec
  • DMP = Designated Medical Practitioner
This entry was posted in Canada and tagged by Kay McMahon. Bookmark the permalink.

About Kay McMahon

Kay has been an expat for nearly 30 years. She set up the British Expat website back in early 2000, whilst living in London and missing the expat life. These days she spends much of her time lugging computers and cameras around the world. (Dave gets to deal with all the really heavy stuff.)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *