It is currently Sun 21 Jul 2019 14:57 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

Events and making new friends

Epilepsy Support Group in Dubai

Planning an event, or want to publicise a regular meeting of expats in your area? Please post the details here! (NB You may post dates and venues and details of the event. However, adverts for other websites will be deleted, whether or not they are commercial ventures. If you want an advert, we have various advertising opportunities. Thanks.)

Epilepsy Support Group in Dubai

Postby satsujin » Tue 29 Jul 2014 13:41 GMT

Hello all,

I am a South Indian with Canadian citizenship who has had epilepsy since childhood but notice there is no real support group for it in UAE. I am interested in starting one in Dubai. The group can include people with epilepsy but also mothers and fathers whose children have epilepsy.

We can do this through Meetup.com but to do so will have a minimum membership cost. More or less depending on how many members and much more if we rent a space. Also, if its hard to get a central place to meet we can meet in an open space in Dubai like at a mall or a park.

First, I would like to know how many people are interested in getting this off the ground so that we can know the potential number of members for the support group. I live in Sharjah so I would be interested in know how many would like to see this happen. If you would be interested, please post in here.

Anoop.
Posted by:
satsujin

Postby satsujin » Tue 29 Jul 2014 18:19 GMT

Okay my bad. There will be no membership cost. Meetings will be free. Also, video conferencing in Skype may be an option.
Posted by:
satsujin

Postby satsujin » Wed 30 Jul 2014 18:50 GMT

You can also sign up for free at Epilepsy Dubai ( http://www.meetup.com/EpilepsyDubai )
Posted by:
satsujin

Return to Events and making new friends