It is currently Fri 3 Apr 2020 12:14 GMT
Change font size

Events and making new friends

Meeting people in Dubai

Planning an event, or want to publicise a regular meeting of expats in your area? Please post the details here! (NB You may post dates and venues and details of the event. However, adverts for other websites will be deleted, whether or not they are commercial ventures. If you want an advert, we have various advertising opportunities. Thanks.)

Meeting people in Dubai

Postby Em » Thu 29 Jan 2004 13:04 GMT

Hi

I just moved to Dubai on my own from the UK to work for Cadbury. It's a really small office and there's no other young people working there, so I could do with some advice on how to make friends.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received!
Posted by:
Em

Postby Audrey » Thu 29 Jan 2004 14:18 GMT

Hi Em and welcome to the Emirates.
I'm not actually too good on Dubai, but I would think your best bet would be somewhere like the Irish Village where lots of young people meet. Another good thing would be to buy the Dubai explorer as that lists everything from the different clubs and organizations to all Hotels and what they have in them among many other things.
Hope you meet some people soon and if there is any thing I can help you with please get in touch either on the board or by PM
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Audrey
Free member

Virtual Tourist

Postby dubaidavid » Thu 8 Jun 2006 06:42 GMT

Hi Em,

Welcome to Dubai, check out the guys over on virtualtourist.com. There is a small group of us who meet regularly etc, might help.

Was useful for me when I first arrived in Dubai
Posted by:
dubaidavid

Return to Events and making new friends