It is currently Wed 1 Apr 2020 12:27 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Events and making new friends

Moving to work in Ras Al Khaimah - anyone else there?

Planning an event, or want to publicise a regular meeting of expats in your area? Please post the details here! (NB You may post dates and venues and details of the event. However, adverts for other websites will be deleted, whether or not they are commercial ventures. If you want an advert, we have various advertising opportunities. Thanks.)

Moving to work in Ras Al Khaimah - anyone else there?

Postby amarillo » Wed 16 Mar 2005 18:29 GMT

I am moving to Ras Al Khaimah this year to work - please tell me I will be able to have a social life? Anyone? What's it like?
Posted by:
amarillo

Postby fiestyredhead331 » Mon 3 Jul 2006 14:45 GMT

Hello,

not sure if you have checked this recently or if you have in fact moved out to RAK since you posted.
I lived in RAK for 5 years (96-02), my husband worked at the quarry and I worked part-time in RAKESS. I have to say we had a brilliant social life there. The Nakheel Hotel and the BIn Majid were our fave watering holes. anyway, if you are there now and want to update me on life in RAK or haven't moved yet but need any answers feel free......
Posted by:
fiestyredhead331

Return to Events and making new friends