It is currently Mon 30 Mar 2020 08:20 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Events and making new friends

New to Dubai

Planning an event, or want to publicise a regular meeting of expats in your area? Please post the details here! (NB You may post dates and venues and details of the event. However, adverts for other websites will be deleted, whether or not they are commercial ventures. If you want an advert, we have various advertising opportunities. Thanks.)

New to Dubai

Postby benny » Sat 18 Mar 2006 13:54 GMT

Hi there,
I am a female from Scotland, new to Dubai and I am looking for female friends. I am 28 years old with a 3 year old son.
If there are any Brits out there that can show me about, especially the drinking hot spots! then get in touch.
My husband is too busy working and I am so bored.
Posted by:
benny

Dubai

Postby o0jamie0o » Tue 23 May 2006 12:02 GMT

Hi, How long have you been in Duabi? My girlfriend is also new here. We have been here a few weeks now. Get in touch. What do you both do? Jamie
Posted by:
o0jamie0o

Postby ujbandara » Mon 25 Sep 2006 11:50 GMT

Hi,
I am Upul from Sri Lanka and seeking a Dubai friend to take more ideas/ lifestylr in dubai

Upul
Posted by:
ujbandara

Also New

Postby clairemg » Wed 6 Dec 2006 09:40 GMT

Hi, I'm also new to Dubai, though have moved out on my own and would be good to get to know people and find the good drinking spots. I've moved over from the UK, and I"m discovering it's a little more difficult being female and going out on your own over here!

Get in touch, Claire
Posted by:
clairemg

Hello Claire

Postby Heatherw » Fri 25 Jan 2008 10:19 GMT

Hello Claire,

Im Heather :D

I know what you mean, there is a bit of stigma that goes with a woman on her own in the bar, esp in dubai ha ha
heres a bit about me:
I have been in Dubai for 1 year but i have decided that i am not making the most of it, so my new years resolution is to make some new friends and get out and about more.
I live in Bur dubai and i like to go out for drinks, brunch, ski dubai, the beach etc
Im here with my boyfriend but he works nearly all the time. :cry:
Im 27 yrs old, from England and a nursery school teacher

Give me a shout if you are interested, i look forward to hearing from you

Heather
Posted by:
Heatherw

Return to Events and making new friends