It is currently Sun 29 Mar 2020 14:58 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Events and making new friends

Brits in Dubai

Planning an event, or want to publicise a regular meeting of expats in your area? Please post the details here! (NB You may post dates and venues and details of the event. However, adverts for other websites will be deleted, whether or not they are commercial ventures. If you want an advert, we have various advertising opportunities. Thanks.)

Brits in Dubai

Postby GLYNB » Wed 24 Jan 2007 16:37 GMT

i am looking at possibly moving to work in Dubai
can anyone give me information on any british expat communities, social clubs or societies in dubai that i could possibly join, also where do the brits hang out
Posted by:
GLYNB

Brits about

Postby rockinjockscot » Wed 16 May 2007 12:28 GMT

Dubai isn't like Saudi or Kuwait where the expats are in cliques. There are loads of bars where you won't be able to move for Brits. Try Long's Bar at the Towers Rotana Hotel; Fibber McGee's just off Sheik Zayed Road; The Red Lion at the Metropolitan Hotel; The Alamo at the Dubai Marine Beach Resort; Cactus Cantina, Billy Blues, & Aussie Legends at the Rydges Plaza Hotel; Waxy O'Connor's at the Ascot Hotel (a bit rough & ready!); Boston Bar at the Jumeirah Rotana; Finnegan's & Hard Rock Cafe at the Palm Hotel; Barasti Bar at Le Meridian Mina Siyahi, etc. etc. etc.

We've been here for more than 10 years, and it took us a while to get to know other residents, but we got friendly with a load of people through hanging out at the (sadly now defunct) Tartan Bar, and through my wife taking up softball.

Cheers,

Rockin' Jock Scot
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
rockinjockscot
Free member

Return to Events and making new friends