It is currently Sun 29 Mar 2020 14:34 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Events and making new friends

will you be my friend? :) (no wierdo's please)

Planning an event, or want to publicise a regular meeting of expats in your area? Please post the details here! (NB You may post dates and venues and details of the event. However, adverts for other websites will be deleted, whether or not they are commercial ventures. If you want an advert, we have various advertising opportunities. Thanks.)

will you be my friend? :) (no wierdo's please)

Postby Heatherw » Fri 25 Jan 2008 10:32 GMT

Hello, Im Heather

I have been in Dubai for 1 year but i have decided that i am not making the most of it, so my new years resolution is to make some new friends and get out and about more.
I live in Bur dubai and i like to go out for a drink, brunch, ski dubai, the beach etc
Im here with my boyfriend but he works nearly all the time
Im 27 yrs old, from England and a nursery school teacher

Give me a holla back if you are interested, i look forward to hearing from you

Heather
Posted by:
Heatherw

Re: will you be my friend? :) (no wierdo's please)

Postby butterfly81 » Mon 10 Mar 2008 03:59 GMT

Hello , My Name is Keshan working for a leading freight forwarding company in ber dubai , of course agree with you staying alone is not possible in this world , me to wants to go out hv some funs with fresh air basicaly like to meet new faces europeans and ect .. I am a music lover and crazy on it i've got large collection of music and more ...

Pls do contact me on keshanp@gmail.com , we can be nice frnds and can be happy , f.y.i i am 28

Take care / Keshan
Posted by:
butterfly81

Hello Heather

Postby Detour » Mon 7 Apr 2008 12:14 GMT

I'm Damion, I use to be that someone who loved to make best of it..but after marriage ( 5years ago ) it's gets hard to do what you like . Im 29 yrs but did enjoy the best of the UAE and try to make time one/twice a quarter to celebrate the night. If its alright can I let you the time /Date. when and maybe take you out there and dance/drink and hit the beach but to let you know I dont swim.what you think ?
Posted by:
Detour

Postby nipper36 » Mon 14 Apr 2008 09:52 GMT

Hi Heather and others!

My name is Lee - I recently moved here just over a month ago! I have yet to meet people other than my work collegues...I do miss having lots of friends to call whether its to meet for coffee through to going out partying! I am an interior designer, im 28 and i live in International City. Anyways - heres my email if you want to get in contact...
leeroberts36@yahoo.co.uk

ta ta
lee
Posted by:
nipper36

Friend near beach

Postby BEXDUBAI » Tue 24 Jun 2008 06:59 GMT

Hi Heather
I just arrived in Dubai, last Thurs and only know a couple of people too. I live at Jumeirah Beach Residence, about 50 metres from the beach. I don't start work till Mon and will then be commuting to Abu Dhabi, where I will be working in events. Get in touch if you fancy popping to the beach or grabbing a drink somewhere - email crayuk@yahoo.com
Becky :)
Posted by:
BEXDUBAI

Return to Events and making new friends