It is currently Sun 29 Mar 2020 16:15 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Events and making new friends

Expats meeting at Marina Mall

Planning an event, or want to publicise a regular meeting of expats in your area? Please post the details here! (NB You may post dates and venues and details of the event. However, adverts for other websites will be deleted, whether or not they are commercial ventures. If you want an advert, we have various advertising opportunities. Thanks.)

Expats meeting at Marina Mall

Postby emzelc » Sat 23 Aug 2008 05:13 GMT

Hi, I am new to Abu Dhabi having moved here 4 weeks ago to join my husband who is working here.
I am currently not working and I have heard rumour that once a month expats meet at a coffee shop at Marina Mall to meet new people and make friends. Does anyone know if this is true and what time of the month does this happen?
Also does anyone have any suggestions where else I may be able to meet expats during the day as it can get lonely being on your own in a strange land?
Posted by:
emzelc

Postby Shaneyc » Sun 24 Aug 2008 09:57 GMT

Hiya, i haven't an answer for you unfortunately, i'll be moving out there in a few weeks so if you do have any advice or info i'd love to hear from you. You can contact me on dorothy.craven@btinternet.com.

Many thanks

Shane..
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Shaneyc
Free member

Postby veralynn2 » Sun 31 Aug 2008 08:33 GMT

[Links removed by Site Admin]
Have you joined a club? What about going to a fitness class or something similar?
Good luck, but I don't think you'll be too lonely for too long - I think most people here are pretty friendly and open to new-comers because they remember what it was like when they were new too!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
veralynn2
Free member

Return to Events and making new friends