It is currently Sun 29 Mar 2020 16:18 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Events and making new friends

Cocktail club

Planning an event, or want to publicise a regular meeting of expats in your area? Please post the details here! (NB You may post dates and venues and details of the event. However, adverts for other websites will be deleted, whether or not they are commercial ventures. If you want an advert, we have various advertising opportunities. Thanks.)

Cocktail club

Postby V_Townsend » Thu 9 Jul 2009 05:46 GMT

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:21 pm Post subject: Cocktail evening

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I refuse to believe that I am the only person wanting to network but is fed up of coffee mornings full of Mum's and their babies (not that I have anything against them) when what I really want is to find out which are the best place to get a decent drink!

What I propose is that a few of us get together say every fortnight/month, and go for brunch, or have a cocktail evening... but try a different place each time.

If anyone fancies it let me know, as well as suggestions as to where the first one should be at.

Victoria

:D
Posted by:
V_Townsend

Postby Kay » Fri 10 Jul 2009 12:30 GMT

Hi Victoria, welcome to the British Expat forum.

A cocktail club sounds like a great idea. I'd be up for that if I were in your area. I also got fed up that almost everything for women seems to be about mums and babies or coffee mornings and stuff like that. I always made a point of avoiding these sort of things. As you say, there's nothing wrong with them, if that's what you're into. But it's a great idea to create some sort of alternative.

Good luck! :D
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Events and making new friends