It is currently Sat 24 Aug 2019 17:01 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Housing/Property

Cost of a 2 br apt or villa on rent

Where to find a place to live. Dealing with estate agents, lawyers, etc? Try here for info. NO ADVERTISING - property wanted or property to let adverts belong in our adverts section. Any property ads in here will be deleted. This forum is for discussing property-related issues.

Cost of a 2 br apt or villa on rent

Postby iug » Fri 23 Jan 2009 14:03 GMT

Hello,

I am considering an opportunity in Abu Dhabi but have been warned about the difficulty in getting a good house on rent. I hear very different versions of what it will cost to get a modern 2 br appt or villa. Can someone please provide me the current status on how much it would cost. Also, what are the hidden costs such as brokerage etc? Will I require to make payment for 1 year upfront? How much time will it take to find a house? Also, what will be the cost of a room in a good hotel (4 star) where I will need to stay till I find a house?

Will appreciate if you can also share with me the annual cost of education (in some of the best primary schools in AD)?

Thanks,
Posted by:
iug

Return to Housing/Property