It is currently Thu 12 Dec 2019 06:37 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Working in the UAE

IT Jobs in Dubai

Here's where to talk about working in the Emirates. NO ADVERTISING - jobs wanted and all employment-related adverts will be deleted. These belong in our adverts section. This forum is for discussing work-related issues.

IT Jobs in Dubai

Postby aearl » Fri 9 Jul 2004 15:05 GMT

Hi,

I'm due to finish my PhD in Physics / Computer Science at the end of the year from a Russel group university in the UK and am trying to find out what the IT job market is like in the UAE. My research work is in the fields of distributed systems and (very) large databases and has already taken me to Switzerland and California as well as various research labs in the UK so the expat lifestyle has appeal, especially after living in Scotland for 7 years!

I'm wondering if the oil/gas industry or any other high tech industries in the region are looking for expats in this area and if there are any jobs boards for this type of work or whether its like the UK and word of mouth and speculative applications are the way to go.

any suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated

alasdair
Posted by:
aearl

Return to Working in the UAE