It is currently Wed 11 Dec 2019 03:35 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Working in the UAE

electrician's companies

Here's where to talk about working in the Emirates. NO ADVERTISING - jobs wanted and all employment-related adverts will be deleted. These belong in our adverts section. This forum is for discussing work-related issues.

electrician's companies

Postby delbaord » Sun 26 Jun 2005 20:06 GMT

My girlfriend has been offered a job in dubai and I would like to go with her - I am currently a trainee electrician and although I know I can complete the course over there am not sure whether I can get work...does anyone know of the potential for british electricians to work in dubai??

and if anyone knows of british electricians could you possibly put me in touch with them to discuss this issue further??? please help!! any advice or info greatly appreciated!
Posted by:
delbaord

Postby ayubs » Sun 25 Jun 2006 08:09 GMT

Hi, to be honest with you - electricians here are like labourers - we can pick them up from any area like Satwa and pay peanuts - I had a south indian guy come to my house to do all day work changing the light fittings etc and we paid only AED 120 approximately GBP 18-20.00
Posted by:
ayubs

Return to Working in the UAE