It is currently Mon 16 Dec 2019 10:47 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Working in the UAE

Graduates with limited experience

Here's where to talk about working in the Emirates. NO ADVERTISING - jobs wanted and all employment-related adverts will be deleted. These belong in our adverts section. This forum is for discussing work-related issues.

Graduates with limited experience

Postby maya » Tue 29 Nov 2005 00:29 GMT

Hi everyone,

Firstly I'll apologize, I know my questions a bit repetative...looking for employment in Dubai. But the thing is Im just about to graduate (with a BSc in Economics) and I've been searching all the websites which list employment opportunities and all I see is posts asking for over 3 years work experience. So my question is, with limited work experience would there be any opportunities in Dubai for me?
Do companies in Dubai train employees or do they just hire the workers with the relevant work experience.

Thanks guys.
Posted by:
maya

Work Experience

Postby goravrama » Sun 30 Jul 2006 20:47 GMT

It is true that candidates with limited experience are fretted upon here in the U.A.E., and generally vacancies are indeed for more experienced candidates. Therefore, I would definitely suggest looking into working for a few years in the UK and then bringing your skills and experience to Dubai, since your pay package would probably be a whole lot more if you go about it that way. This is because entry-level positions in Dubai really pay extremely low and I have seen this first-hand, although as a Western expatriate, you are almost guaranteed a good amount of money here. I really hope this helps.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
goravrama
Free member

Return to Working in the UAE