It is currently Wed 11 Dec 2019 21:54 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Working in the UAE

Graduate looking for good job in Dubai

Here's where to talk about working in the Emirates. NO ADVERTISING - jobs wanted and all employment-related adverts will be deleted. These belong in our adverts section. This forum is for discussing work-related issues.

Graduate looking for good job in Dubai

Postby ed_ynwa » Wed 15 Oct 2008 16:00 GMT

Hi everyone,

My Dad moved to Dubai 6 months ago for his company, Al-Futtaim - Carillion. I've already been over to our apartment in Festival City for 6 weeks and enjoyed the experience.

Now I'm heading over again for at least a month early November with the intention of getting a full time job. I realise this is not going to be easy with intense competition from people from Asia who will accept a much lower wage. I'm 24 with a Business degree from Cardiff Uni. and I'd like to work in marketing or retail ideally.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice, could recommend any good job websites or the best way about finding work once I arrive.

Also if anyone would like to meet up for a few beers in November/December that would be cool...

Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted by:
ed_ynwa

Return to Working in the UAE