It is currently Tue 10 Dec 2019 21:42 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Working in the UAE

Moving to AD in May??

Here's where to talk about working in the Emirates. NO ADVERTISING - jobs wanted and all employment-related adverts will be deleted. These belong in our adverts section. This forum is for discussing work-related issues.

Moving to AD in May??

Postby clarabelle » Mon 28 Dec 2009 09:55 GMT

Hi, my husband is presently considering a move to AD in the New Year.

Present indications from the employer have suggested a great package:-
Excellent tax free salary.
Housing allowance of AED 200K including utilities.
Schooling at the British school for 2 of our boys (5 and 7).
Return flights once a year.
Car (4x4).
Medical etc.

Does this sound a good deal? Is the housing enough for a 3 bed villa / townhouse?

The office is in Mussaffah.

Any body any suggestions on what area to live and school the kids. Where's best in AD for expats, given my Husband may be subjected to frequent travel.
Any expat clubs you suggest?
How does the cost of living compare to the UK (Food, social etc.)
The advertised prices of townhouses and villas - are they negotiable, do they include white goods of can this be negotiated and can you suggest any good websites for this?

We have lived as expats in Singapore and Cyprus, but not the Middle East and would appreciate any constructive feedback.
Posted by:
clarabelle

Postby Dave » Mon 28 Dec 2009 10:03 GMT

Hi, Clarabelle, and welcome.

As we mention in our posting guidelines, we ask people not to SHOUT in their postings, so I've edited your topic title.

Dave
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Working in the UAE