It is currently Tue 10 Dec 2019 21:05 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Working in the UAE

Does anyone need an electrical engineer?

Here's where to talk about working in the Emirates. NO ADVERTISING - jobs wanted and all employment-related adverts will be deleted. These belong in our adverts section. This forum is for discussing work-related issues.

Does anyone need an electrical engineer?

Postby westtoeast » Tue 27 Jul 2010 17:14 GMT

Hi and sorry if this is in appropriate but really, it's one of my last resorts. I'm English, my DH is Iraqi and we both live in Ajman. For almost a year now my DH has been out of work (redundancy) and is finding it impossible to get a job, despite several interviews during this time. Does anyone know of any companies looking for mature, qualified electrical engineers? I'm watching the man I love crumble at every disappointment he gets, yet another one today which would have been just a tonic for him. I too, despite being a well qualified PA, and just not getting any work either so between us we're almost at rock bottom. For me, nothing has gone right since I came here and for both of us, we have never been in such a desperate situation. If it were not for family, literally we would be on the streets. I can't even tell my father, back home in the UK, about our situation because he would just worry so much. We are not asking for the world, just a chance for a break to get us back on our feet. My DH is such a good, honest man, a solid hard worker and good at what he does... sorry I'm being emotional here but I just don't know what else we can do. Just looking for a company to give him a chance at life again.

Thanks for reading. I'm sure DH would be mortified I've written this but I just want to try anything and put some feelers out.
Posted by:
westtoeast

Return to Working in the UAE