It is currently Tue 10 Dec 2019 20:55 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Working in the UAE

Managing UK investments whilst in the UAE

Here's where to talk about working in the Emirates. NO ADVERTISING - jobs wanted and all employment-related adverts will be deleted. These belong in our adverts section. This forum is for discussing work-related issues.

Managing UK investments whilst in the UAE

Postby louiscoke » Mon 1 Aug 2011 20:41 GMT

Hi all,

I've always had a fascination with the UAE and the Middle East in general, trying to travel to as many different areas as possible. When I was in Dubai recently, I was talking to an ex-pat friend who was talking about his UK investments and how best to keep track of them whilst he was in the UAE.

This got me thinking. I am an Investment Manager based in the UK, is there any special requirement for expats living in the UAE/Middle East who would like to have the benefit of a UK stockbroker managing their investments? If this demand exists i'd quite like to get out to the UAE and have a chat with some of you, and hopefully provide something that will make life a little easier, and help preserve and create that wealth that we all work so hard to achieve!

Please don't think this message is 'spam' - I am merely trying to find out if this 'need' that I believe exists, is actually there!

Many thanks,

Louis
Posted by:
louiscoke

Postby Dave » Tue 2 Aug 2011 08:32 GMT

Hi, Louis

You're very welcome to establish whether a market for your services exists. However, I've removed the last line of your post. We advise against people posting their email addresses, as the spambots do harvest them - and if you're simply trying to identify whether a need exists, then there's surely no reason why that can't be done publicly.

Good luck with your venture, anyway. :-)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Working in the UAE