No schools places??

Try here for info about schools, colleges, universities, etc in the Emirates.

No schools places??

Postby sleepysuzy » Thu 23 Aug 2007 15:50

Hi, my husband has just got a job in Abu Dhabi, with family status. We've reo we have to turn down this amaached the deadline for him to accept, and I can't find a place for my 12 year old son at a British or International school - possibly not in the near future!! He would be giving up his place at the Purcell school of Music which he has attended in the UK for three years, which is hard enough, and is also used to classes of 4 - 12 pupils! So a lot of adjustment would be needed anyway, but we really want to come - Should we turn down this wonderful opportunity??
Any shared experiences, solutions or advice urgetly needed and gratefully received.

Suzy
sleepysuzy

No school places?

Postby sleepysuzy » Thu 23 Aug 2007 15:54

Sorry, my computer seems to have jumped around at the beginning of my last message - The first part of my last post was meant to be that the deadline for my husband to accept or decline the job offer has now arrived.
sleepysuzy

Postby H4554N » Wed 20 Feb 2008 18:42

Well if you were comming to Dubai then that would have been a piece of cake. I know only one school which is at a very high international level and also has music clubs. It's called The International School of Choueifat. There's one in every city and has branches all around the region. Great school and they also teach IGCSE (it's simillar to the national curriculum). I suggest you also contact the UAE embassy and check if they have and regarded British schools in Abu Dhabi. Good luck!
H4554N

Return to Schools/Education in the UAE