It is currently Thu 18 Oct 2018 03:51 GMT
Change font size

    Latest Message from British Expat:

  • Five questions about Ghana – Quick Quiz
    The cradle of the Ashanti Empire and known to mediaeval European explorers as the Gold Coast, Ghana was the first country in Western Africa to achieve independence. But how much do you know about it?


USA citizen would like Mexican driver's license.

USA citizen would like Mexican driver's license.

Postby JW Booth » Sun 27 Jan 2008 02:48 GMT

I read a post in another forum which describes how to obtain a Mexican driver's license (I'm a USA citizen and have a current USA driver's license).

One person wrote "One catch is that you have to prove you live at a Mexican address, which sometimes is not easy. There is no real mail in Mexico so showing something with your address often hard, the gas bill or electric bill are a few ways to do it."

and another wrote: "You will need the originals and 3 copies of the following documents:

A valid passport
FM2 or FM3
Proof of Address (i.e.: bill from the telephone or utilities)
Health declaration
A valid foreign driver's license
You might have to take a written exam in order to qualify for the license."

I will have a Mexican address and Mexican phone number.

The proof of address will be a problem for me. I could bring in a letter mailed to me at my Mexican address, but I do not and will not be establishing phone service/utilities services at my address in Mexico.

Is there any way around this? Has anyone managed to get a license without bringing in a utility/phone bill?
PM me if you prefer.

Thanks for any information.
Posted by:
JW Booth
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun 27 Jan 2008 02:42 GMT

Return to Mexico