It is currently Thu 28 May 2020 05:43 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

DHL problem - can you help with a Tweet, please?

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

DHL problem - can you help with a Tweet, please?

Postby Kay » Tue 31 Jul 2012 09:56 GMT

I don't know if any of you read the BE Ed's blog yesterday which outlines the complete botch-up DHL has made with our documents.

http://britishexpat.com/editors-blog/dh ... commended/

Please, if you have a Twitter account, then tweet the story. Make sure you use the hashtag #DHL

Thanks.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Tue 31 Jul 2012 23:40 GMT

Tweeted as requested.
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Wed 1 Aug 2012 03:15 GMT

Thanks, Graeme. It was bad enough that they made a mistake in the first place - but to then make such a spectacular hash of recovering the mistake beggars belief.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Thu 2 Aug 2012 00:10 GMT

I don't think UPS are any better, they just sent me a bill 2 months late for an item I received (a motorcycle gearbox) They're trying to charge me a 'preparation fee, and then tax on the whole item, but I've heard that they don't remit that collected tax to the government. If they don't then they're thieving buggers.
USPS are so much better.
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Thu 2 Aug 2012 13:50 GMT

The docs have finally arrived, thankfully - though we've had to switch to Plan B to get them processed and returned.

Thanks for tweeting, Graeme. We had to bring all the pressure we could to bear on DHL to get them off their backsides and actually do something, and I'm certain that the embarrassment of being featured on Twitter so unfavourably played a substantial part in that.

USPS aren't an option for us, of course. I'm not hugely surprised to hear that UPS aren't radically different from DHL. Sorry to hear about your problem with them, though.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Chinwags