It is currently Sat 30 May 2020 09:12 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

Newsletter editorial, Aug '12: Post haste?

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Newsletter editorial, Aug '12: Post haste?

Postby Dave » Thu 30 Aug 2012 14:58 GMT

Our editorial for the August 2012 newsletter was about postal and courier services - the Indian diplomatic bag that's just been recovered after 46 years, the shenanigans DHL and ParcelForce got up to with some documents we sent via them recently, and (no doubt to some surprise) the Royal Mail's excellent service in handling the same documents.

How have your recent experiences been with postal and/or courier services? Good, bad or indifferent? We'd love to hear, so why not tell us all about it? :)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby SteveGill » Mon 3 Sep 2012 17:00 GMT

I often wonder if they are all as bad as each other. I recently had 2 parcels being delivered, one by DHL and the other by UPS.

The DHL package I couldn't track for some reason, but it arrived when it was supposed to. The UPS I could track at all stages and it arrived into Malta on the Thursday it was due to be delivered, but I didn't get it until the Tuesday. Dreadful service, despite various phone calls.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
SteveGill
Premium Member

Postby ruggie » Thu 18 Oct 2012 11:48 GMT

I'm not sure what happens in other parts of the world, but in rural France the couriers seem to outsource local delivery at lowest possible cost (I know that from,someone who tried making money doing it). The result is that when the van driver reaches going home time and still has undelivered parcels, he pretends he tried to deliver them but no-one was at home.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Return to Chinwags