It is currently Thu 28 May 2020 05:31 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

Now wash your hands, you dirty Brits!

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Now wash your hands, you dirty Brits!

Postby Dave » Mon 15 Oct 2012 13:32 GMT

I found this rather disgusting and very disappointing:
BBC News: Why are the British so bad at washing their hands?

Unfortunately, I have to say I didn't find it particularly surprising that so many people don't wash their hands. What did surprise me was the extent to which faecal matter's spread around. Lends a whole new meaning to the phrase "dirty money". Ugh! :vomit:
(and I use that emoticon advisedly)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Wed 17 Oct 2012 13:17 GMT

Very disappointing. I have to admit that, although I do always wash my hands after using the toilet, I don't do it anything like as thoroughly as the experts recommend. And I'm not surprised to hear that kitchen sinks are far worse than toilet bowls. My wife points out that most housewives think that spraying and wiping with a host of different cleaning agents is keeping their worktops clean, but they never pay attention to the nooks & crannies around the edges.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby Kay » Wed 17 Oct 2012 15:20 GMT

Not Delia was on about this subject a couple of years back.

http://www.notdelia.co.uk/keyboards-are ... n-toilets/

I don't suppose you guys spend much time in ladies public lavatories. LOL. It's quite shocking the number who come out of the cubicle, comb their hair, apply lipstick, and leave with ne'er a thought of washing their hands.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Chinwags