It is currently Thu 28 May 2020 05:11 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

Conneticut Shooting

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Conneticut Shooting

Postby Graeme » Sat 15 Dec 2012 02:06 GMT

Just what the heck gets into peoples brains that they can go and do such a disgusting heinous act. I don't believe in god but I sure hope that if there is there's a special place for @ssholes like that. :(
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sat 15 Dec 2012 04:46 GMT

Insane. Completely insane.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Sat 15 Dec 2012 07:31 GMT

I agree. I can't even begin to imagine what motivates/causes people to do such things.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby SteveGill » Tue 18 Dec 2012 10:27 GMT

I don't want to start a big gun debate, but allowing the public to own semi-automatic weapons is beyond madness if you ask me. There will always be crazy folk - the difference here is that in the US the crazy folk have access to weapons that can cause murder on a massive scale.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
SteveGill
Premium Member

Postby ruggie » Thu 27 Dec 2012 14:13 GMT

For a while, I thought that the fact that this shooting occurred where a lot of influential people live might get some much-needed changes to the laws, but now I have my doubts. According to a recent weekend FT article, it's not even the NRA ("the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gaun is a god guy with a gun") that's at the root of it all. Surveys show that the American population has become seriously more pro-guns that it was 50 years ago. Is the whole nation going crazy?

Questionnaire:
BUYER:
I want to buy an automatic weapon with a very large magazine.
INTERVIEWER:
What do you want to do with it?
BUYER:
Shoot people. What else is it good for?
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Return to Chinwags