It is currently Thu 28 May 2020 04:16 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

US National Rifle Association starts wine club

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

US National Rifle Association starts wine club

Postby Kay » Fri 25 Jan 2013 09:35 GMT

Oh, brilliant. I know the two interests aren't mutually exclusive but it does sound a bit odd.

Read more here:
http://www.decanter.com/news/wine-news/ ... -wine-club

What do you think? Should people promoting the right to bear arms also be seen to be actively encouraging drinking alcohol?

(I may need to move this to the Opinions/Politics forum if this gets heated.)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Fri 25 Jan 2013 14:55 GMT

I thought it might be more along the lines of a 'whine club' since the NRA feel their right to bear arms might be impinged by Obama's move to restrict the sales of assault rifles.
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri 25 Jan 2013 15:07 GMT

Graeme wrote:I thought it might be more along the lines of a 'whine club'

:crackup:

It does sound like a toxic mix, though. Imagine if the AA and RAC set up a partnership with CAMRA - they'd be justifiably criticised for promoting an increase in the number of accidents and deaths.

Anyway, the whole NRA argument is based on an anachronism and therefore spurious.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Chinwags