It is currently Mon 6 Apr 2020 06:35 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

Random acts of kindness

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Random acts of kindness

Postby Kay » Wed 26 Feb 2014 03:03 GMT

I liked this one!

http://mashable.com/2013/10/21/random-acts-of-kindness/

The first one made me feel a bit guilty, though, because in London a woman routinely blocked in our car when visiting people across the road. Not even a by your leave. :evil:

I started off by leaving snotty messages on her windscreen saying not to block us in, but that didn't work. Then I moved on to getting in the car each time and sounding the horn until she shifted. A simple request, or even a note on our windscreen saying how/where she could be contacted would have sufficed. But I just responded to her rudeness with a corresponding lack of co-operation.

What would you have done?
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby chris green » Thu 12 Jun 2014 14:16 GMT

Cancelled my appointments and let her tyres down. c.
THE FACTS LAB BOOK of INSECTS by the team McMahon. Available from Amazon.

Soon to be a major HOLLYWOOD movie !!!
Posted by:
chris green
Supporter

Postby Purley » Thu 12 Jun 2014 22:14 GMT

If I plenty of mone at the time I might have researched getting her car towed. Sometimes it's hard to do because they will often only tow your car, not someone else's.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Purley
Supporter

Postby JJ » Fri 13 Jun 2014 11:29 GMT

Sit on the wing of her car and bounce up and down until it triggers the alarm. Stand back and wait till she comes out to check it.

Get her name and address from DVLA (costs a couple of quid) and send her an invoice for my wasted time.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
JJ

Postby Kay » Fri 13 Jun 2014 11:50 GMT

ROFL! I thought this thread was supposed to be about kindness. What a nasty lot you are! :crackup:
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Chinwags