It is currently Wed 1 Apr 2020 10:04 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Chinwags

Newsletter editorial, Apr '14: A bit off the top

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Newsletter editorial, Apr '14: A bit off the top

Postby Dave » Wed 30 Apr 2014 11:45 GMT

This month's newsletter editorial was all about barbers.

How do you feel about them? Perhaps you had a traumatic experience as a boy involving a No.2 clipper and a tub of Brylcreem and have never been able to cross the threshold of a barber's saloon since? Or maybe you like the quiet companionship of sitting with your fellow men, doing the Mirror crossword and picking your winners for the afternoon's racing while you sit quietly awaiting your turn in the chair?

Anyway, if you've got anything to say about barbers, why not share it with us? We'd love to hear it! :)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Wed 30 Apr 2014 19:30 GMT

Don't have to bother any more, not enough on top so I just trim the sides with an electric trimmer. Likely saves me a few bucks each month too. :D
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Thu 1 May 2014 01:42 GMT

An elegant solution - unfortunately(?) not one that applies in my situation as I'm just going generally thinner on top rather than losing it in the classic male pattern!
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Chinwags