It is currently Sat 30 May 2020 10:01 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

Connection problems

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Connection problems

Postby Kay » Wed 10 Dec 2014 17:10 GMT

My Internet connection has been dodgy all day and I've not been able to visit any of our sites. :( I don't like to be shut out from our own places like that. I even ended up on Facebook just to keep in touch with people. Now that's a new turn of events.

Me. On Facebook. Who would ever have thought that might happen. :D

Ach, FB's not so back. I caught up with about 20 friends I haven't seen in a couple of decades.

Are you a Facebook fan?
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Wed 10 Dec 2014 19:09 GMT

I tend to use FB comments and messages as my main casual communication tool - then reserve email for more important/confidential things, or for talking to people who stopped using FB because it wasted so much of their time.

I've just discovered a new facet of FB which you may find useful - secret groups. They're more exclusive than closed groups because you can't even find they exist unless you are or were a member.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby Kay » Wed 10 Dec 2014 19:42 GMT

Interesting. I'm finding it quite a useful outpost to get back in touch with some old pals. But, of course, I'll keep anything more than chit-chat for our home-base, ie one of our own sites.

It's a good social thing, I don't know why some people make it their business home base, but that's something I'd rather not discuss further on Chinwags. I'll save that for elsewhere. :D
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Chinwags