It is currently Thu 28 May 2020 05:38 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

If....

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

If you could be just one, would you choose to be:

Richer
80%
Famous
No votes
More physically attractive
No votes
More intelligent
13%
None, I'm already perfect
7%

Total votes : 15

Postby HesitationKills » Sat 2 Aug 2003 17:18 GMT

Being richer could make you healthier (eg. someone offered their kidney for sale on E-bay once) , but being healthier couldn't make you richer. Or could it? :?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
HesitationKills
Free member

Postby chabrenas » Sat 2 Aug 2003 18:03 GMT

chabrenas, I was thinking of something just big enough to be a floating home and strong enough to handle all weather eventualities...

Good thinking. In the old days, a Nicholson 36 fit the bill nicely. Modern beamier boats could be shorter and still have more accommodation. If you buy secondhand, you'll have to look for versions equipped for offshore cruising rather than offshore racing - its expensive and sometimes nearly impossible to change interior layout, for example.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
chabrenas
Free member

Postby Mike » Sun 3 Aug 2003 15:20 GMT

I've bucked the trend.

Not because I believe in the option I voted for, but because I want all the other four, and can't choose between them.

I wish there had been a "More Decsive" option.

Mike
Glaikit. Bit nae sae glaikit as a gollach wi a blin ee.
Posted by:
Mike
Supporter

Previous

Return to Chinwags