It is currently Thu 28 May 2020 04:26 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

Have you ever seen a dragon?

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Have you ever seen a dragon?

Postby Victor » Thu 31 Jul 2003 15:12 GMT

Story removed. Sorry. :cry:
Last edited by Victor on Wed 6 Aug 2003 18:25 GMT, edited 2 times in total.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Victor
Free member

Postby chabrenas » Thu 31 Jul 2003 19:01 GMT

Delightful. Do you have more of these?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
chabrenas
Free member

Froggie and the close shave

Postby Victor » Thu 31 Jul 2003 19:49 GMT

chabrenas wrote:Delightful. Do you have more of these?

Yes I have a few Ive written. Also a few about a Frog!
Last edited by Victor on Wed 6 Aug 2003 18:26 GMT, edited 2 times in total.
Posted by:
Victor
Free member

Postby Kay » Thu 31 Jul 2003 20:37 GMT

Brilliant!

BTW - all BE stuff is copyrighted but for extra protection, you could edit these postings to add your own copyright message.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Victor » Thu 31 Jul 2003 20:39 GMT

Kay wrote:Brilliant!

BTW - all BE stuff is copyrighted but for extra protection, you could edit these postings to add your own copyright message.

Thanks Kay, I did wonder about that. Will do so now.

These were written for my wife. She is learning italian and needed a short story, and as she had no inspiration, I wrote these for her, which she then translated into italian. In the mean time, her teacher has said we should get them published, but I doubt that will happen!
Posted by:
Victor
Free member

Postby Kay » Thu 31 Jul 2003 21:27 GMT

These were written for my wife. She is learning italian and needed a short story, and as she had no inspiration, I wrote these for her, which she then translated into italian. In the mean time, her teacher has said we should get them published, but I doubt that will happen!

Interesting. You might consider publishing an e-book. Joe Sharp (see Ruggie board) has done this. I don't think that I would see this as a revenue stream but more as a way of getting published without it costing too much. I have friends here in Delhi who are book publishers too if that would help.

As I understand it, to get a publisher to pay you and to put up the costs for publication, you probably have to go through the process of getting enough rejection slips to wallpaper a room before you get anywhere.

That said, you might be able to sell short stories to some magazines. The Writers and Artists Yearbook might give you some ideas.

How many stories have you got? :D
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Victor » Wed 6 Aug 2003 18:27 GMT

Sorry Kaya et al,

I have removed the stories so they dont get pinched.

Victor
Posted by:
Victor
Free member

Return to Chinwags