It is currently Thu 28 May 2020 03:51 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

We are not alone...?

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Is there life on other planets?

No - the chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one
No votes
Probably - it's a big universe
43%
Definitely - they've already been
43%
Worse - they've taken over the world! (Only tick this if you're David Icke)
14%

Total votes : 7

We are not alone...?

Postby Dave » Wed 27 Aug 2003 16:20 GMT

This week's newsletter asked about life on other planets (with an eye to Mars's closest approach in 60,000 years, and the Orson Welles War Of The Worlds-type power cut in the NE United States and neighbouring parts of Canada recently).

What do you think? Are we alone? Might we be visited by ET one day? Or have they already been here?
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Squiffy » Wed 27 Aug 2003 17:17 GMT

They're hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :shock:
Squiffy - Laugh for MS - : http://www.shof.msrcsites.co.uk/
Posted by:
Squiffy
Supporter

Postby Rich » Wed 27 Aug 2003 17:32 GMT

Personally I think they have been here in the past, and some still are, either permanetly or intermittently.

There's so much sapce out there, law of averages says that there has to be life somewhere. Probably many, many somewheres. There are many things through history which are very hard to explain without either Alien involvement. Whether it's their physical presence here or just tampering with human minds/brains i'm not sure.

But many things more or less require alien involvement or Time Travel (or both), and I tend to lean more towards Non-human involvement. Don't believe the Life on Mars/little green man idea though.

Having said that, I'm naturally paranoid and a born sceptic and I firmly don't even believe human's have been to the moon. Also, I'm also a semi official alcoholic, the guy that sits on the floor for no apparent reason even when there are sofa's spare; turns down Bacelona for small town Sweden and is about to cross a desert at the hotest time of the year sitting in a poorly-engineered metal box on wheels, so my view points have to be taken with a pinch of salt...
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby Rich » Wed 27 Aug 2003 17:36 GMT

Oh, and BTW, if this is from the newsletter, does that mean that i should have received it and my email is up the spout again? :(
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby Kay » Wed 27 Aug 2003 19:21 GMT

Rich, unfortunately it's our email that's up the spout again. We still seem to be unable to send. It's been like this for several days now. Good old W3C - a service you can depend on (to let you down). We're on with the back-up ISP but no email on this one. Don't ask it's too complicated.

:cry:

We've tried sending the newsletter by webmail - it doesn't seem to have worked. Ah well, we'll see about it tomorrow, and thanks anyway for wanting the newsletter.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Chinwags