It is currently Thu 28 May 2020 05:39 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

Moving to....

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Moving to....

Postby Kay » Sat 30 Aug 2003 12:15 GMT

Hi folks

Savannah Alan wrote a hilarious response to a question on his USA - Georgia board. It was so good that we decided to start a "Moving to..." series on the website with his posting as the first.

Having looked around the boards, many of the questions are from people who plan to move rather then people who are already in place. And the most common one is, "I'm moving to....., what's it like, what do I need to know?"

If anyone would like to write something for us about the place they live in, I'd be more than happy to publish it - with a link to your website, if you have one, of course.

It's also the sort of thing that might be useful as a sticky at the top of the country boards. That way you don't have to repeatedly answer the same questions.

Any thoughts?

Kay 8)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Rich » Sat 30 Aug 2003 13:04 GMT

Sounds like a great idea!

Will rustle up one for Sweden when I get some spare time. May also get around to doing some for some of the other odd places i've wound up in, but you may have to remind me several times over the coming months before I remember!
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby Kay » Sat 30 Aug 2003 13:06 GMT

Thanks, Rich!

I'm not surprised you think it's a great idea as you came up with it at the same time as I did! :wink:

Kay 8)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Chinwags