It is currently Sat 30 May 2020 08:10 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

The Care and Feeding of your Mouse Trap

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Postby dave dee » Fri 23 Apr 2010 22:30 GMT

Freeze him, we can invite that chef de campo to fillet and cook him, the bacon and liver will make a nice canape diane savoury course. :lol:
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
dave dee
Supporter

Postby Kay » Fri 23 Apr 2010 22:48 GMT

Roland has already been disposed of. BUT, I've just seen Roland II - my first sighting of these, excluding the one we'd caught in the cage trap thingy. (I had to see it for myself.)

Never mind battles and being sorry for the poor little beasties. This is WAR! I've kinda lost my sympathy towards them now.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby dave dee » Fri 23 Apr 2010 22:54 GMT

Oh dear, sorry to read that, not great news, good luck. :evil:
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
dave dee
Supporter

Postby Kay » Fri 23 Apr 2010 23:07 GMT

Thanks for your good wishes Dave Dee.

Maybe it's a whole nest of young 'uns. They are small compared to a normal sized rat.

Well, I did feel sorry that we killed Roland but I'm not going to mess around any more. They've had plenty of warnings so if they want to continue in the danger zone then they'll have to take what's coming to them. :evil: I don't want to kill things, I wish they would just go elsewhere.

We'll get trap 2 down again tomorrow and maybe try the cockroach spray tactic again. They're starting to make me angry and that's not a very good thing to be on the receiving end of. :twisted:
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Mon 26 Apr 2010 20:36 GMT

I think the second "sighting" may have been a figment of my over-active imagination. I was a bit, erm, excited about having caught Roland.

All I saw next was a quick flash of a tail disappearing behind a cupboard. Maybe it was only a lizard? There's been no kind of evidence since to suggest we still have a rodent problem. I guess only time will tell.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Mon 26 Apr 2010 21:28 GMT

I forgot to tell you that Dave hoiked out the kitchen book case - no mean feat as it's a kind of built in piece of furniture, with a heck of a lot of books to shift first.

Apparently, apart from a few droppings, there wasn't much to see, other than a little bag of foil covered chocolate coins. You know, the kind of thing you get at Christmas. It must've dragged that in there for itself.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Chinwags