It is currently Sat 30 May 2020 08:05 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

E-Cigarettes

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Postby Kay » Sat 1 May 2010 06:20 GMT

Thanks for the feedback, Alan. Even if one didn't intend you use them long-term, they'd still be ideal for flights and other places where you're not allowed to smoke.

We need to find out what the airlines' policies are on that.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Trev » Sat 1 May 2010 19:18 GMT

Savannah_Alan wrote:
Firstly, Trev, I'm disappointed to find that you're right.

Not quite sure how to take that.... :)

Savannah_Alan wrote:Firstly, I found that the cartridge didn't last very long at all before it was giving out little vapour. They claim that every cartridge is the equivalent of 10-15 cigarettes. I find this to be wildly exaggerated.

Agreed.

Savannah_Alan wrote:Second - and worse, is the fact that the batteries are already losing most of their capacity. I must have charged the things about five to six times yesterday - and I really wasn't "smoking" that much because of all the messing around entailed.

I gave up and I'm back on the real stuff now. Unfortunately :(

Major problem here is that we are severely resticted on choice, there only appears to be one type available that I can find.
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Postby Savannah_Alan » Mon 3 May 2010 23:01 GMT

Well, I'm currently back off the wagon. My girlfriend, who doesn't smoke, likes to have a cigarette when out at a party or something like that. She bought some the other day, smoked a couple, and then left me with the packet.

Sooo, I'm back on those until the packet runs out, then I'm back on the e-cigarettes. I still really think they're a viable alternative.

Incidentally, the second type that I bought is still going strong. It's been about a week now (admittedly with very light use), but it is still giving out tons of vapour, and the original uncharged battery is going strong!
Don't forget, there's much going on at the main site: http://www.britishexpat.com
The Safe Scooter Riding blog. www.ScootSafely.com
Posted by:
Savannah_Alan
Supporter

Location: Dahlonega, Georgia, USA - Originally from Southend-On-Sea, Essex.

Previous

Return to Chinwags