It is currently Sat 30 May 2020 09:00 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

Vlog on our holiday to Egypt?

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Should i make a VLOG?

Poll ended at Tue 19 Oct 2010 17:17 GMT

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes : 1

Vlog on our holiday to Egypt?

Postby IWantToBeMaltese » Sun 11 Jul 2010 17:17 GMT

Okay guys, so i am going on holiday to Egypt, to my dismay and excitement, as i was hoping for malta but egypt looks nice. Its not until october but planning never hurt.

Anyway what do you think of be making some videos of my holiday, i wont talk or show my face as im a little camera shy but, how does it sound ? If you think i should what kind of things would you like to see?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
IWantToBeMaltese
Free member

Postby Kay » Sun 11 Jul 2010 17:54 GMT

Hmm, we are still learning how to use our video camera so we're no experts at this. However, I'd suggest that if you don't talk on your video you could do some kind of voice-over afterwards. A video without sound would be a bit like watching the telly with the sound turned off. :?

Where are you going in Egypt? I've been to Cairo and would love to tell you that the pyramids at Giza are wonderful. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy the experience. So many touts bombarding you with their hard sell patter. I ended up stomping off in disgust and sitting by myself in the minibus waiting to get the hell out of there.

But you're very lucky to have this opportunity to travel so make the most of it!

BTW, there's a competition for travel writers, see http://britishexpat.com/editors-blog/on ... g-contest/ You need to be over 18 to enter but you could get your Mum or someone to do it on your behalf if you're interested.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby IWantToBeMaltese » Sun 11 Jul 2010 18:43 GMT

Yeah i suppose, i will have to do some sort of voice over, ive still got months yet :)

And were going to sharm el shake, and we were planning to go to the pyramids but 200pound per person for flights there from sharm on just about the same for a bus, i sure aint that bothered!

On the bright side i am going deep sea diving and quad biking acroos the desert!

So i will take your advise !

And i will read over that, thanks
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
IWantToBeMaltese
Free member

Postby IWantToBeMaltese » Sun 11 Jul 2010 18:54 GMT

That's unlucky, it only runs in july and august, never mind, thanks for the heads up though!
Posted by:
IWantToBeMaltese
Free member

Return to Chinwags