It is currently Fri 3 Apr 2020 11:27 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

Newsletter editorial, Apr '11: Royal Wedding hype

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Newsletter editorial, Apr '11: Royal Wedding hype

Postby Dave » Fri 29 Apr 2011 09:31 GMT

In this month's editorial we looked at all the flim-flam surrounding the marriage of Willie Wales to Waity Katie, and asked what people were doing to celebrate/avoid the wedding.

Have you done anything special to mark/ignore the event? Let us know!
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri 29 Apr 2011 10:43 GMT

A slightly macabre thought has just occurred to me - today is the 66th anniversary of Adolf Hitler's marriage to Eva Braun. :shock:
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Trev » Fri 29 Apr 2011 16:40 GMT

Several days ago one of my older neighbours suggested we had a street party to celebrate and watch the Royal Wedding in London.

So we did, however, it wasn't a street party, it was a balcony party. I moved our TV outside and 7 of us gathered to partake of some light refreshments and enjoy the occasion..

A couple of the ladies wore hats, which I thought quite cute, everyone had there Sunday best clothes on and we had a happy time. Especially the ladies discussing some of the hats that were worn by the lady guests.

One neighbour, Toshka, commented on the fact that Prince William was not wearing his Royal Air Force Uniform. Thought that was very perceptive of Tosh. I also found it disappointing.

Anyway, all have now departed back to their homes having really enjoyed themselves.

By the way, I was the only English person there, the rest were all Bulgarians, and all pensioners as well.
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Postby Kay » Fri 29 Apr 2011 20:43 GMT

I didn't intend to watch it, but since I was here and chained to the computer, I had the telly on and had a quick look from time to time. Have to say that Kate looked absolutely stunning in a beautiful dress that won't date according to fashion. Nice one. She looked incredibly composed too.

Well done to the newlyweds.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Sat 30 Apr 2011 03:53 GMT

Whats this? Did I miss something? Someone we know got married?.........neat!
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Mon 2 May 2011 06:45 GMT

Latest bit of WeddingBalls - just heard on BBC News, where a reporter was doing a bit of vox pop stuff on Times Square in the aftermath of Osama bin Laden being killed. One of the crowd came up with this little gem:

You've just had the Royal Wedding, we've got this!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sun 8 May 2011 19:07 GMT

Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Sat 21 May 2011 18:24 GMT

Several levels better than most jokes created for the occasion.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby ruggie » Sat 21 May 2011 18:27 GMT

She looked incredibly composed too.

An excellent sign. Looks as if she'll be able to handle everything that goes with the job.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Return to Chinwags