It is currently Wed 1 Apr 2020 11:26 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Chinwags

Keeping Chickens............

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Keeping Chickens............

Postby Trev » Fri 18 Nov 2011 09:30 GMT

To catch chicken mess........

Line your house with thick wodges of newsprint under their soft bedding (the Telegraph is best). That will be all you need, apart from nesting material, if your birds roost. You can take off the top sheet daily and shred and soak it in the compost bin.

So I guess that is all the poor old Telegraph is good for.

Article here in the Telegraph on line
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Postby Dave » Sat 19 Nov 2011 04:04 GMT

:lol:

Broadsheets seem to be particularly popular for that purpose - when I've been researching for britishpapers.co.uk I've come across a couple of local newspapers where the switch to tabloid format has been accompanied by howls of protest from people who keep hens!
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Thu 8 Dec 2011 11:54 GMT

I guess fish suppers are no longer wrapped in newspaper.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby Dave » Thu 8 Dec 2011 16:20 GMT

They haven't been for years, Ruggie - if I remember rightly, ever since they discovered that printer's ink is carcinogenic.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Chinwags