It is currently Thu 28 May 2020 05:25 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

Hello!

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Hello!

Postby Not-Lorna » Sun 10 Jun 2012 00:36 GMT

Was thinking of y'all this week and just stopped by to say hello!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Not-Lorna
Free member

Postby Graeme » Sun 10 Jun 2012 03:16 GMT

Wow, blast from the past! How ya doing? Missed having you along, feel free to stay a while :D
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Sun 10 Jun 2012 08:21 GMT

Hi, great to hear from you! What are you up to these days?
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sun 10 Jun 2012 08:31 GMT

Nice to hear from you, Not! How's life?
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Not-Lorna » Sun 10 Jun 2012 14:29 GMT

Drowning in the rain out here in BC and hoping that summer WILL come on the 21st! Hard to believe that we've been here six years already. I guess that's a sign of old age when time just whizzes by!

Both boys at university now (just completed years 1 and 3) and hubby still working overseas. The good news is that as I'm not needed so much at home now :) I get to travel again. Mr Not was working in Greece up until March this year and I spent a couple of weeks with him there and got to visit my sister in the UK for a week too. Hoping that he's now going to get jobs in warm places again so I can go and swan around with all the expat wives again!!! (Maybe not....)

I also spent three weeks in Australia last October (all on my own!!) for a family wedding; I got to reconnect with family I hadn't seen in over twenty years.

Signed up as a movie extra (they call Vancouver Hollywood North as a lot of movies and shows are filmed here) and that's been a lot of fun - done two shows and a movie. A lot of standing around doing nothing but getting to meet a lot of interesting people.

Heading to Scotland this summer for my mother's 80th birthday bash and keeping fingers crossed that the weather will have picked up there too by then!

What's everyone else up to?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Not-Lorna
Free member

Postby ruggie » Sun 10 Jun 2012 14:50 GMT

Welcome back, Not!! Raining here in France, too. What a summer. Papers are talking about the 'European Monsoon'.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Return to Chinwags