It is currently Wed 19 Jun 2019 21:33 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Benin – Quick Quiz
    Try our Quick Quiz about Benin - known as Dahomey before 1975 and one of the most powerful kingdoms of pre-colonial West Africa.

Ethiopia

Ethiopia

Ethiopia

Postby Ray » Sun 18 Jul 2004 13:07 GMT

My family and I (5 +dog), anticipate moving to Addis Ababa on a two year EU funded contract in mid September.

We are currently based in Bangladesh.

We would greatly appreciate all and any information you can give us on what living in Ethiopia is like and in particular what we should bring with us.

Do you have any information on the cost of and availability of hotel accommodation and long term apartment/house rentals, car hire - with driver, domestic staff availability and cost, private teachers (daughter doing her o levels in December).

Any email addresses regarding accommodation and vehicle hire would be very welcome.

Are mobile phones and computers readily available/ what is the internet situation like?

What are the procedures for setting up a bank account - local and Euro currency? is it possible to draw money from a bank using an international credit card?

Ray Walsh

Ray_Walsh01@yahoo.co.uk
Posted by:
Ray

Postby Kay » Sun 18 Jul 2004 14:04 GMT

Hi Ray

Welcome to BE. I don't think we yet have anyone in Ethiopia, sorry, but you never know someone might turn up. I'm interested to read that you live in Bangladesh - Dave and I met there 10 years ago. We used to live in Gulshan. Where are you based?

Cheers

Kay
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Ray » Sat 28 Aug 2004 16:49 GMT

Hi

sorry for the late respone

We live in Uttara - just near the Airport - nice place

if you have been away 10 years you would not recognise the place

Buildings everyehere

Ray
Posted by:
Ray