Moving to Verbier - yearly lease properties?

Moving to Verbier - yearly lease properties?

Postby louise m » Thu 31 Mar 2005 06:13

Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who can help me with moving to Switzerland? I was hoping to move to Verbier this summer but am having real problems trying to rent a small chalet on a yearly renewable lease. Have been in touch with all the estate agents in Verbier but they all do holiday rentals. Am going out there the last week of April, so any info. greatly appreciated.
louise m

Postby Rich » Sun 03 Apr 2005 15:48

Hiya,

Unfortunately i'm afraid i can't help there. Everybody i could find only deals in holiday/short term rentals, so there's not much i can suggest except to ask agents in person when your out there. There must be some which are available on a longer term rental basis, but in fairness, probably not that many and the ones which are are likely to be expensive. It's the sort of area where they can almost certainly make much more money on shorter term rentals, especially over the holiday/wintersports/summer periods, so there's not neccessarily a huge availability. In addition, demand is probably high enough that they have no need to advertise much.

All i can say is go there as planned, and you should have much chance. And Good luck
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby louise m » Sun 03 Apr 2005 17:18

Yes, this is the problem - being a well-known resort owners of chalets can make more money on holiday lets - the odd things that are to rent are amazingly expensive...however, if I find out anything at the end of the month, I'll post it here...but don't hold out much hope!
louise m

Postby Zug Stitcher » Tue 24 May 2005 08:59

Hello

I'm new to this board but have been living here in the German speaking part of Switzerland for over 10 years and know my way around well.

Let me know if you have any outstanding questions that I may be able to help with.

Best regards from Zug :-)
A little tolerance goes a long way to understanding a new culture ...
Zug Stitcher

Return to Switzerland