It is currently Wed 19 Sep 2018 07:43 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Paraguay – Quick Quiz
    Paraguay, named after the river that flows centrally through it, is one of just two landlocked countries in the Americas. What else do you know about it?

Armenia

What clothing is acceptable in Armenia?

What clothing is acceptable in Armenia?

Postby Dave » Sat 17 Jun 2006 05:47 GMT

[Shifted from another board on the main forum. - Dave]

lizwil98 wrote:Through World Vision, I sponsor a 10 year old girl from the Talin Area, which is apparently near Yerevan. I know absolutely nothing about Armenia. I am allowed to send her small gifts - things that will fit into a 5 x 7 envelope. Seeing I have no idea what religion they are and I only have one photograph, I am wondering if children there would like socks or panties - I just have no idea whether Armenia is a country where the women have to cover up and wear sombre colours - or if children could wear pretty Canadian underwear and socks etc.

I am hoping that someone can give me advice in this.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Ordinary

Postby duncanwil » Sat 18 Nov 2006 08:35 GMT

I realise that this reply is very late but thought it might help others to know that Armenians wear the same clothes as we do. Of course there are traditional garbs but in the towns, cities, office and shops, they look like we do from the perspective of the clothing boutiqe!

Duncan
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
duncanwil
Free member

Postby Pimali » Sat 31 Mar 2007 06:12 GMT

... And note that they belong to the Armenian Church, which is a christian church, with its own Pope called the Catholicos.
Any clothes will please an Armenian girl, since they usually cannot afford to buy many new things, and there is not much choice in shops (except in the capital city, Yerevan, and very expensive). :wink:
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Pimali
Free member

Return to Armenia