It is currently Wed 26 Jun 2019 13:45 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Benin – Quick Quiz
    Try our Quick Quiz about Benin - known as Dahomey before 1975 and one of the most powerful kingdoms of pre-colonial West Africa.

Kazakhstan

Contacting expat women in Almaty

Contacting expat women in Almaty

Postby trailingspouse » Sat 18 Dec 2004 14:58 GMT

Hi: I expect to be moving to Almaty with my husband early in the new year. We have just had 4 years in the Middle East but prior to that lived for 3 years in Baku. My husband has travelled to Almaty many times. I have a good idea of what to expect in Almaty, but would love to make contact with another "trailing spouse" who is living there now so I can ask a few "what to bring?" questions. I have checked out the expat.nursat site and it looks as though there's an International Women's Club in Almaty. Any ideas how to get in touch with them via email, or any other similar group?
Posted by:
trailingspouse

Postby Kay » Sat 18 Dec 2004 20:20 GMT

Hi, and welcome to BE. I hope you find what you're looking for.

We'll give your request a mention in our next opt-in email newsletter. With any luck we'll be able to find someone to help.

Good luck!

Kay :D
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

ALMATY

Postby patricia » Tue 6 Feb 2007 06:40 GMT

Hi,I was very interested in your ermail and wonder if you have yet moved to wonderful Almaty - it has its ups and downs but generally good fun and a very good International Womens Club,of which I am a member and soon to become a Board member. Please let me know how I can help and look forward to seeing you at our weekly meetings.
Regards
Patricia
Posted by:
patricia

Postby Kay » Tue 6 Feb 2007 09:23 GMT

Posting your email address on a public forum puts you at risk from the spam harvesters. See FAQ (main forum - link near top of page) for details.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Thanks

Postby patricia » Wed 7 Feb 2007 07:36 GMT

Thanks Kay, so how do I now delete it??
Posted by:
patricia

Postby Kay » Wed 7 Feb 2007 09:45 GMT

You can't - once someone has replied to your message you can't edit it. We had to do this to stop people playing silly bu99ers and editing earlier messages to make nonsense of threads. :roll: You wouldn't believe how some people behave when they can hide behind the anonymity which a forum allows.

Anyway, it's always best to read posting guidelines and FAQs before posting in any forum.

Meanwhile, I've deleted your email address for you. If you want to put it back in the method of doing it without attracting the spam harvesters is detailed in our FAQ.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

expat women in Almaty

Postby natalia fisher » Sun 25 Mar 2007 05:54 GMT

could you please also send me details of the womens club in Almaty. I'm just about to move there with my husband. Are there any baby groups in Almaty as I have a young baby.

Thanks,
Natalia
Posted by:
natalia fisher

Postby Kay » Sun 25 Mar 2007 08:44 GMT

Good idea. If someone (Patricia?) wants to post details of clubs and their meeting venue and times we can make it a sticky. Please start a new thread for it, if you want to do it. Dates, times, venues are OK but no links to other websites, thanks. (I know we're very strict on this, but we have to be to avoid loads of people just dropping their links all over the place.)
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Sonho » Tue 31 Jul 2007 05:40 GMT

I would also like the email address of the contact person for the International Womens Club of Almaty. It looks like we will be moving there in late 2007 and I have so many questions.
Thanks,
J
Posted by:
Sonho

Return to Kazakhstan