It is currently Wed 18 Sep 2019 07:18 GMT
Change font size

Kazakhstan

Work in Kazakhstan

Work in Kazakhstan

Postby The Heavy Bag » Sun 21 May 2006 11:48 GMT

Hello All,
I recently went on a bit of a Eurasian adventure which took me through Kazakhstan and would love to go back there to work. I had a great time, met a really nice girl who I am still in contact with and would love to go back there to work for a while for a bit of a different experience. I have a few problems however - language being the main one - but I am in the process of trying to learn Russian. However, my Kazakh friend tells me that there are many expat firms in Almaty who would employ me as they do all their communication in English. I am a university graduate with two years experience in customer service/admin in the banking sector so I am not sure if there are any such jobs in this area (or at least with my limited language skills) - however my main strengths are in writing/editing reports and correspondence. I am currently in London but I am an Australian - anyone got any ideas/contacts that may be of help to me? And what is a reasonable wage to live on/and what are the approximate rent costs? As you can see I have very little idea and at the moment is seems like a bit of a pipedream but any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex.
Posted by:
The Heavy Bag

Kazakh dream

Postby dmccammon01 » Fri 5 Nov 2010 22:50 GMT

Hey Alex,

I was just wondering if your pipe dream came true?
I also have the same pipe dream and would like any info or tips you have. I hope you can help. I aim is to go out there on a year work placement next year. I don't want anywhere else! Was wondering if you managed it?

David
Posted by:
dmccammon01

Return to Kazakhstan