It is currently Wed 18 Sep 2019 07:06 GMT
Change font size

Kazakhstan

New Transit visa while transiting

New Transit visa while transiting

Postby csaba » Sat 13 Jul 2013 07:57 GMT

Hi,

I'm on a round the world drive with my 95 Toyota 4-Runner. This summer, I'm going from Budapest to Mongolia. We've got a single entry visa for Kazakhstan, and a double entry for Russia. However, we would like to visit Kyrgyzstan (we drove through both these countries 15 years ago) and no visa is required there for us.

If I understand it right, we could only get the Kazakh transit visa (for our return to Russia, thence Mongolia) once we've crossed into Kyrgyzstan, which means that if it's not granted we are really stuck. Does anyone know whether we could get an onward transit visa once we've entered Kazakhstan the first time, and where? I have discussed this with a Kazakh consul, but he was not 100% sure on these points.

Our general route would be Astrakhan to Aralsk, thence Shymkent. We would prefer to enter Kyrgyzstan via Pokrovka, but this visa issue takes priority. Any prior experiences much appreciated.

Thanks,
Csaba
Posted by:
csaba

Postby Kay » Sun 14 Jul 2013 09:12 GMT

Hello and welcome to our forum. I'm not sure if we have members who'll know the answers to these questions, but fingers crossed anyway.

If you find out any more, then please come back and tell us.

Good luck on your trip!
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Kazakhstan