Where to Live

Atlantic coast or Pacific coast? Prairies or cities? So many choices in a country of Canada's size... why not post here and discuss the options with others?

Where to Live

Postby ScottishMum » Fri 18 Feb 2011 13:11

I was wondering if anyone would help me identify the best locations in canada to consider living.

Firstly an important factor is we want to relocate to somewhere where there is a need for my husbands trade. He is a joiner.

Secondly, an area that has a good nursery, school etc - my daughter is only 3 but this is an important consideration.

I dont want to anywhere too rural but I dont want to live in big cities either, green space is very imporant to me and a good community feel.

Thanks in advance
ScottishMum
Free member

Postby Graeme » Fri 18 Feb 2011 20:49

Wow, Canada is 5 and a half time zones wide or about 6 thousand miles across, the permutations of what you ask are almost infinite. Personally I like the West coast, my sister likes PEI and the friendly feel of the Island. Many like Nova Scotia with it's wonderful people and scenery. Ontario is the main powerhouse of the country and there are some lovely areas there. I think you need to decide exactly what it is you want then do some on-line searching and see if you can narrow it down a bit so we can help more.
Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Graeme
Site Admin

Return to Choosing where to live