It is currently Wed 23 May 2018 00:57 GMT
Change font size

FAQ

Can I post my contact details on the boards?

Got a question about this forum? See if our frequently asked questions can help.

Can I post my contact details on the boards?

Postby Dave » Fri 18 May 2007 13:45 GMT

We advise against it, but ultimately it's your decision - unless your posting appears to us to be an advert, in which case it'll be deleted.

Be aware, though, that if you do post email addresses, physical addresses or phone numbers they'll be available for anyone in the world to see - including spammers, con artists, hackers, telemarketers and other undesirables. Email addresses may also be harvested by robots and sold on to spammers.

Please also read our posting on this board about concealing your email address from robots.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby SSue » Sat 19 May 2007 00:30 GMT

Wouldn't the easiest way around this 'making private contact' need, be to open say a yahoo account (free and simple) and list this on their profile. That would be the first place I'd be looking (profile) if I wanted to make contact with someone so desperately. These can be opened and closed as the need arises, and keeps your personal email address safe(r) :roll:

Sue
Sydney Sue - Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Read all about it! http://www.britishexpat.com/563.0.html
Posted by:
SSue
Supporter

Location: From Grimsby, Lincolnshire, to Sydney, then Port Macquarie NSW Australia

Postby Dave » Sat 19 May 2007 04:51 GMT

Good idea, SSue. It's well worth having a "public" email account for all the places where you don't know what might happen to your email address, and a private one for people you know and trust.

(Not that we're not trustworthy, of course, but once an email address is posted we don't have any control over who reads it :roll: )
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to FAQ