It is currently Sat 20 Oct 2018 08:39 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Ghana – Quick Quiz
    The cradle of the Ashanti Empire and known to mediaeval European explorers as the Gold Coast, Ghana was the first country in Western Africa to achieve independence. But how much do you know about it?

FAQ

Why can't I see the reply to my advert?

Got a question about this forum? See if our frequently asked questions can help.

Why can't I see the reply to my advert?

Postby Kay » Thu 26 Feb 2009 16:21 GMT

Q: I have received an email notification that's there's a reply to my advert, but the reply is nowhere to be seen. I then tried posting a reply to ask someone to look into it and I can't see that either... although the post is now registering 2 replies!

A: The adverts boards are pre-moderated. This means that postings can't be viewed by the general public until Dave or I have approved them. We do it this way to stop people trying to score free adverts, and also because you get the type of chancer who'll try to piggy-back their own advert as a reply to an existing one.

Any delay in approving adverts and their replies, and enabling them to be viewable by the public, is because the British Expat forum is moderated by humans who have to eat, sleep and pee sometimes, so please be patient with us. If it wasn't moderated in the way it is, it would be full of spams and scams like some other places you see.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Fri 10 Sep 2010 07:53 GMT

Upadted 10 Sept 2010.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to FAQ